Friday 6 March 2009

First weekend

Hiya, not much to say really but doing this keeps me in touch with people, which is always a good thing. I'm back in the internet cafe, in the non-smoking section this time, which I've just discovered. No plastic keyboard covers here!

So, I made it through my first half-week at the school. I've seen three classes twice and two classes just the once and I'm still nervous before every lesson but I suppose that'll go. My flat's still great, although there's some flapping plastic outside that sounds like someone coming up the stairs so I was constantly on edge for about two hours last night until I worked out what it was.

Eric's still in the wardrobe but I've tidied all of his stuff into piles as I'm not sure what he'll want when (if) he comes to get it all.

I've been spending some time out on the balcony with a cup of Lipton's brisk breakfast tea (courtesy of Eric), watching the people wandering about in the street and foreigner-spotting (I met a guy on the bus the other day who I thought was from New Zealand but was from Coventry (he had lived in New Zealand for most of his life though) but he's leaving Korea in a few days so I probably won't see him again). There's a dog that lives in the next building and I can always see it sitting on one of the armchairs they've got on the roof and sometimes it sits on the actual balcony, peering at the street below. I'm terrified it's going to leap off.

Simon is currently somewhere in Seoul having some kind of meeting but I should get him back tonight.

Oh my god this place is full of Korean guys gaming and they're so damn loud!

I forgot to say that I went out for a meal on Wednesday night with another teacher and some of her friends. It was in Itaewon but in the main area (I live in Itaewon 2, which is like a quieter residential area. Still loud though). The food was great. I had some kind of sashimi tuna with rice and loads of veg. If I stick to that kind of diet I'm going to be healthier than I've been since China. But then the next night I had fried chicken, so you know, maybe not.

Oh, address. I don't actually know my address and they're weird here anyway, so I've been told to get anything sent to the school. So if you do fancy sending me a postcard or an aid parcel, send it here:

Hannah Bungard
LTRC
60-17 1-Ga Taepyong-ro
Chung-gu
Seoul 100-101
South Korea

My door doesn't have a number on it and I have no idea what road I'm on, so it'll all have to go to the school.

I've only got a few minutes left for my 1000 Won so I'll head off now. My Korean's coming along nicely. I now know three words. Go me. I'm going to look into having lessons next week.

Hope you're all ok.

Loads of love,

Hannah x

ps - I can't post photos til I get the internet at my place but I've not been all snap-happy as normal as I've been on my own and haven't seen much of Seoul yet. Thanks for reading, even though it's rubbish!

2 comments:

  1. It's not rubbish, doofus. Expect a parcel soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once I finid myself agreeing with Miles.. How very odd..

    Shout if you miss anything from England that I can send over for.. Pot Noodle, perhaps? Because I'm sure the noodles out there are shit in comparison ;)

    ReplyDelete

Whatisthis?

Hi! This is my blog for our year long trip to Korea. Yes, I might have set it up to rival Simon's 'Simon and Hannah go to Korea' blog but I will actually post here.

Probably.

Anyway, hello and I hope you enjoy it!