Wednesday 13 May 2009

Oops, it's been ages. Zoo and other things.

Eeek, I've been having too much fun and have neglected Bungblogalypse. Here's a round up of what I've been doing and I'll try to stay on top of things.

Er, just trying to remember what we've been up to.

OK, so I know we went to Seoul zoo a good few weeks ago. It's in Seoul Grand Park, next to Seoul Land (an amusement park we didn't go to). I got a bit too excited about the sloths, as I'd never seen one in real life and a tiny part of me thought they might be puppets. Having seen three in the flesh, I'm still not convinced that they're not.

Anyway, it was a nice day and I decided to defy Simon and buy Death-On-A-Stick (for him anyway). He's allergic to pineapple. Hmmm, what's that t-shirt I'm wearing there...?


You can ride a cable car to the zoo. You don't have to but we decided to. It was actually an unnecessarily complicated ticket system, which means you can ride up to the zoo, or over the zoo or back down or something but you can only do it once. And then you get on a train bus thing, which rams you in at the knees and it takes you in whichever direction you're not getting the cable car.

Anyway, the ride was really nice as it was a lovely day and we had a good fifteen minutes or so of relaxed drifting.


Or not so relaxed.


Riding over the park.


Simon and a rhino. I'll let you work out which one's which.



White peacocks. One actually mooned us, rather spectacularly, but my camera kept focusing on the wire mesh so all of my photos are blurry. They're really good wire mesh photos though. The others laughed at me because I explained how I hate peacocks and said they were 'nature's arsehole'. It's true though and you know it.


Here are some zoo ladies in a cage with a large scary bird, with a vulture in the cage behind, waiting to mop up the remains. Even the zoos are different out here!



They even had ewoks.
These four were my zoo companions.


SLOTHS! See? Puppets! Although this one was scratching his head, which was quite cute.


This one was definitely a puppet.


Since the zoo trip, I have done an awful lot of going out.

My first term came to an end on 28th April and we had spelling bees for the students on their last day. Some of my kids won, which was cool. We had another staff dinner and then we had five days off until the next term started. I'm into my second week of the new term, we have a new teacher, I have all new classes (apart from one, which is five kids I've taught before and one newbie) and one kids called Bum Joon. Jo-Ann said she had a kid called Bum Suk. Teehee!

Sorry I've been so rubbish. I haven't done anything else very cultural but we are planning a trip to the DMZ, which I'm very excited about. Oh, also, my friend Rosy has finally arrived and it's been great catching up with her. I've met so many great people out here but not many Koreans. Oh, my Korean lessons are ongoing. I'm not very good but it's all quite exciting.

Miss you all, I'll do more updates, I promise.

Lots of love x

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff...Peacocks ARE nature's arsehole. I've never realised it before, but I can see it now.
    What was the real identity of the ewok? Once I'd picked myself up off the floor I realised I just had to know. (Please don't say Wicket W. Warrick).
    Is the DMZ safe? Will they know you're not escaping? Or is running the risk of being shot in the head by a long range sniper part of the attraction?
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post which juuuuuuuuuuuuuust about makes up for the month off while you were 'having too much fun'. Jeez, you'll be 'living life' next... Love the furry creatures (Simon included) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it does make up for the month you've had off! In fact, I think you need to post 17 more times over this weekend to may it up to us.

    Urgh, pineapple on a stick. Sounds horrible.

    Those sloths are clearly robots! Like a daggit in the original Battlestar Galactica.

    I'm wondering when I come to visit you now if it'll be Simon or a rhino you're living with now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would make a horn joke right about now but I'm too classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I don't remember what the ewok was - sorry Sandra! It was a Something Monkey. They all had beards and hats.

    ReplyDelete

Whatisthis?

Hi! This is my blog for our year long trip to Korea. Yes, I might have set it up to rival Simon's 'Simon and Hannah go to Korea' blog but I will actually post here.

Probably.

Anyway, hello and I hope you enjoy it!